Net cost reduced from 11 cents to 8 cents per pound.
Our Logistics Analysis experts achieved significant savings for an automotive parts manufacturer with locations in Ohio and Kentucky. Shipments from key suppliers are now organized into four regional milk runs.
- Previously, this freight moved as LTL shipments at an average cost of 11 cents per pound. The milk runs have reduced the average cost to just 8 cents per pound.
- Additional cost savings by moving some intra-plant transfers on the milk runs.
- Lost and damaged freight reduced to nearly zero.
- Better carrier service and responsiveness.
- Fewer trucks making deliveries.
- Higher operational efficiency from dedicated deliveries versus multiple LTL deliveries.