UTS Partnership Services for Shipping / Receiving
Universal Traffic Service does more of the things you want from a transportation partner. Let us take away some of your headaches.
A decision to partner with UTS adds strategic services that include:
- Benefits that will have people throughout your company saying “thank you!” Our services improve processes for Accounting, Customer Service, Purchasing, and Sales.
- Online tools help you compare rates, service levels, and on-time performance across the LTL marketplace.
- Accurate rates even for density freight. Carriers and other providers do not return density rates. UTS does.
- Proactive alert when a mode change offers a lower rate.
- Proactive alert when we believe we can negotiate a discounted rate.
- Carrier rankings that reflect your price and service priorities.
- A proprietary Best Value Carrier Ranking Methodology that adapts to changes in carrier rates, service performance, and coverage areas.
- An automated procurement process for truckloads and expedites. This ensures every shipment goes to the best available carrier based on your rankings.
- Comprehensive inbound shipment management. Inbound shipments are assigned to the ranked carrier and actively managed from pickup through delivery. UTS follows up with suppliers that do not follow your routing instructions and asks for compliance going forward. We also report non-compliant shipments to you.
- Transportation risk management that verifies every carrier has a valid authority, safety rating, and insurance coverage.
- Options for insuring goods beyond the carrier liability limits.
- More oversight of your freight charges. UTS notifies you any time a carrier adjusts the freight charge, and why. After delivery, we audit the charges more thoroughly than other providers and do the work of reversing invalid charges. (See below.)
- Spreadsheets with more than 40 fields of information for every shipment, including PO numbers, line haul charges, fuel surcharges, accessorial charges, and stop-off charges.
- Online access to invoices, shipping documents, records, and reports.
- Online dashboards.
- Get help to fix recurring problems such as Weight & Inspection fees.
- Consulting services to evaluate any aspect of your transportation activity.
- We meet with you regularly to review our performance and present new opportunities.
- Optional integration can bring transportation functionality directly into your applications.
- Our goal: A partnership that gives you the highest return on your supply chain investment.
We Verify Every Carrier Charge
We don’t just confirm that every charge is correct.
We also confirm that it is valid.
Most auditing services omit an important aspect of the auditing responsibility. They do not confirm that the carrier is entitled to payment. If the carrier did not perform the service, or charges you for a service you did not order or need, you should not pay the charge.
- If a carrier charges for liftgate service you did not order, and was not needed to pick up or deliver your goods, you should not pay the charge.
- If a carrier inspects your freight and does not find a discrepancy with the bill of lading, you should not be charged a Weight & Inspection fee.
UTS audit services confirm both the validity and the accuracy of each charge:
- We notify you whenever a carrier adjusts your freight charges.
- We investigate every adjustment. This process includes cross-referencing charges against the bill of lading and the original shipment entry. We also dig into product descriptions and connect them back to the NMFC.
- We do the work of reversing invalid charges. For one client, we overturn 90% of the Weight & Inspect fees assessed by their primary carrier.
- If we see a pattern with an issue such as an incorrect product description, we help you fix it and stop the fee going forward.
We find exceptions in 18% of the shipments we audit. Billing exceptions include wrong tariffs, wrong discounts, weight & inspections, and added accessorials.